Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Round and round the hamster wheel... (long-term WL/maintenance?)

I’ve tried this for years now but it has never really stuck. 20sF 4'11.

My highest weight was I think 62kg, and my GW is 50. After putting most of it back on again last year, I lost it and now it’s crept back up to 55. That may not sound like a lot to most of you, but I’m small and it is a fair bit to me.

Where am I going wrong? My diet is still very poor (no veg) and my boredom eating/stress eating is still high, which has been the case for most of my adult life and some of my childhood (since age 14 or so). I get anxiety (?) around/overwhelmed by shopping and cooking as it seems too much effort and takes too much energy/too many steps, so I just end up eating toast and carb-heavy stuff.

I guess I’m starting to realise weight loss is more tied into mental health/mental conditions than I thought.

I am hopefully seeing a psychiatrist, maybe for ADHD or ASD. I also suspect I have depression or something like it.

I just... want to get to the root cause of this and don’t want to keep constantly ricocheting back and forth. I want to maintain my weight for the rest of my life, not have endless Day 1s. And I want to stop thinking about food constantly. It’s like a preoccupation.

What lifestyle changes did you all make that stuck? What habits did you implement?

submitted by /u/twinfiresigns14
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ceseDX

No comments:

Post a Comment