Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Back in Onederland and it feels SO GOOD

I've always averaged around 190lbs (at 5'0" so I've been fat my whole life) but thanks to COVID (jk I take responsibility) I've gained almost 20lbs. I feel like as soon as I hit that 200lb mark my health immediately went to shit. My whole body was hurting, I couldn't sleep or sit comfortably, breathing was a chore. I decided to actually do something about rather than "oh I'll just try."

My weight loss/fitness journey officially started on Jan 11 at 205 lbs. Since then I've been lazily logging into My Fitness Pal (I just eyeballed the amount of each ingredient, as I've tried weighing food before and I just don't have the patience for it. I'm also a very avid cook so I have a pretty good idea what size portions are). I aim for around 1450 calories per day rather than 1200 as I've started exercising as well.

I've set up a routine for myself where I alternate days between lifting and cardio (I still hate running - I've started doing vigorous Beat Saber an hour on cardio days). I used to HATE working out but I've actually grown to love it now. I realized it wasn't the actual working out part I hated but rather the starting it.

I used to hate myself even at 190, but today I weighed in at 199 and I've never been happier. If there is one thing I've learned, it's that weight loss isn't a one size fits all. It took me probably 10 years of trial and error in figuring out what works best for me. I finally feel comfortable with my process where I don't feel like shit or hungry constantly and am still losing at a pretty good pace.

submitted by /u/samycz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3am39Vh

No comments:

Post a Comment