Tuesday, January 26, 2021

99 Days In | Down 20+kg & minus 15cm on waist

21F | 170cm | SW: 116.7kg | CW: 95.7kg | GW: maybe 70kg

Been lurking here for a while, but decided it was time to make a post.

A couple of months ago decided to give the weight loss thing a try. I’d been thinking about it for a while but just didn’t know how to commit, but once I did I threw all the crap/temptations out of my fridge/pantry and decided to see a dietitian. Currently 99 days in and have lost over 20kg as well as 15cm from my waist.

Main contributors to this: - I have seen a dietitian about 4 times; focusing on proper portion sizes, what will be filling & being calorie conscious, not counting them though - went from eating fast food probably 3+ times a week to maybe once a month max (and now I share the chips/sides with someone) - if I’m really craving something I’ll have it but not too much (i.e. 1 cinnamon donut + water instead of 4 cinnamon donuts, a chocolate donut and a large thick shake) - I only drink water (no more daily milk milkshake/frap) - been to the gym about 4 times total, but go for a 30-60 minute walk everyday.

I definitely haven’t felt like I’ve made any major changes but writing it out shows me I actually have.

Big realisation for me: losing weight doesn’t mean giving up everything I love. I’ll still eat out occasionally, but don’t take home leftovers. When eating a chocolate bar I’ll give the other half to a friend or throw the extra out. Instead of getting a sundae or two scoops I’ll get a small scoop of ice cream.

Feeling really great about how it’s going and I’ve begun to actually notice the changes. I feel a bit more confident and even wore shorts for the first time in about a year and a half. Also having to throw out a lot of my clothes as they’re to baggy now.

Hopefully as the weight goes I’ll become more confident and improve my social life, make some friends, play social sport and maybe even date. Not sure on my dream number, maybe there isn’t one but a goal of 70kg feels good at the moment and I honestly think I could accomplish it this year.

submitted by /u/11ec
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3poLguW

No comments:

Post a Comment