Friday, January 29, 2021

Do you do this too?

The pep talk to yourself. I talk a huge game about how I'm going to make changes and make it work this time... and it's always after I've already eaten something bad. I don't seem to do it after I haven't eaten in a bit or a not very satisfying meal. I have quite learned how to motivate myself when I haven't gotten my way. Which seems crazy to me. I somehow motivate myself to go to a job I can't stand 5 days a week and even do OT at that job without any additional pay without being asked. And yet... I can't seem to convince myself to be as committed to something that has the power to make me long term happy and not just short term. I feel so confused. It's not like I haven't done the math. If I was half as committed to the grind of my weight loss journey as I am to a hundred other aspects of my life I would be so blessed. Does anyone else feel the same? I don't really understand how this is the thing that I chose to be a dummy about, over and over again.

submitted by /u/addicted2purpose
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3crCVTI

No comments:

Post a Comment