Thursday, January 28, 2021

Celebrating 1 month of maintenance

So, like many people here I've struggled with obesity my whole life and my previous attempts of weight loss have been unsuccessful. Mind you, I lost a lot of weight but I regained it back. The previous attempt had me losing 19 kilos (~42 lbs) but I then regained 31 kg back.

Last year I decided to give it a go again. I read on the literature and found out about the Matador study and the concept of diet breaks and maintenance phases. I started losing on July 2020 and I lost 18 kilos (40 lbs) in around 6 months, which is huge. Instead of continuing dieting and losing I decided to take 3 months of maintenance (just probably even be 4 to be more conservative).

Today marks the first month of weight maintenance. It's hard, really hard. Psychologically we just want to keep losing until we get to the body we want, which sets us up for failure. Instead I see this break as practice for the future permanent task of keeping my body healthier. I stopped food tracking but still do weight ins, instead focusing on routine and being mindful of portions.

Don't forget: permanent weight loss is about consistent healthy habits and structure.

submitted by /u/gasolinemind
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YmG7rA

No comments:

Post a Comment