Sunday, January 31, 2021

I stopped losing weight and I'm scared

I started losing weight this summer. I was doing really well - losing over 75 lbs in 6 months through OMAD. Everything was on the up-and-up. I started dating, my back pain is considerably better, and I had more energy than ever before.

In January, the 7th month since I started my weight loss journey, I didn't lose anything (and probably gained a lb). I also was probably in the process of experiencing a whoosh (I feel fatter than a month ago) so the actual fat gain could have been considerable. I was sloppy, not weighing myself and giving myself way too much slack with my IF plan.

I had every excuse to not lose weight this month:

  • The country I'm living in is in full-lockdown.
  • The girl I was dating ended things.
  • I've been stressed with work
  • I experienced regular insomnia for the first time in my life
  • My family in the country I'm visiting took me in for the lockdown. I ate with them and they all overeat.

But I have always had a myriad of excuses for not losing weight. I thought I was finally past letting my problems control my life and prevent me from achieving my potential and "letting life happen to me".

The scariest part is that the last time I lost a significant amount of weight, I started gaining again at only 15 lbs above my current weight.

I messaged my manager yesterday and asked for a month of unpaid time off so that I can get back on track in life. He agreed. I really hope that not having work to distract me isn't going to further perpetuate this cycle.

I don't know what the real purpose of this post is but I really had to vent.

submitted by /u/snogo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3j3Ske9

No comments:

Post a Comment