Sunday, January 31, 2021

Dieting seems to make my mental health disorders significantly worse. Advice appreciated.

27M SW240 CW190 GW180?

I've been dieting and exercising on and off since January of 2020. I had amazing success when I dropped the first 40+ in less than 8 months. Now I'm just trying to get rid of those last 10-15 pounds of stubborn body fat that are sticking around to irk me.

Recently I've noticed a recurring cycle that I would almost label disturbing. Whenever I start dieting again, I notice a significant worsening of my anxiety and overall mental health that is already really not great to begin with. I stick with it for a week or two but keep deciding that my mental health is more important than having abs or whatever. Then somehow I quickly forget how bad it was and after a month of acting fat and happy I decide to try again, you guessed it, with the same effect.

What's crazy is that I feel like my initial charge in weight loss and exercise helped my mental health a TON and for a while there I thought I had things under control. Now it's almost as if the opposite is happening.

I know pretty much all of you here would agree that my mental health is indeed more important. But there certainly has to be a way to do both... Right? Any advice would be very helpful and I hope y'all have a beautiful day.

(Only because I know this will be a main point of interest, no I'm not doing a crazy crash diet or anything. I'm simply cutting about 500-750 calories, and I'm eating all macros. I do sometimes fast for significant portions of time)

submitted by /u/PM_YOUR_SIDEBOOB
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3r5DwP4

No comments:

Post a Comment