Thursday, January 28, 2021

Family that tries to be supportive... but isn’t.

This is just a little vent I guess. I have a lot of medical conditions, so I started with my doctor before beginning my weight loss journey. My doctor would ideally like to see me at 125-130 pounds, but I didn’t think I could do that, so we agreed on 140. I’m now at 150, so just 10 pounds to go!

My mom keeps telling me I’ve lost enough, I’m looking too skinny, she’s worried about me, etc. I told her that I checked with my doctor, we have a plan and I check in with her regularly, but my mom isn’t having it. Today she kept texting me that I really didn’t have 10 more pounds to lose, I look great so I should just stay where I am. I do think she is genuinely worried - my family is obese, so I think they might have an off sense about what a truly healthy weight is.

I appreciate that she loves me enough to be concerned, it’s just a little annoying! I’m 42 years old, by the way, so nowhere near needing “mothering”! Lol!

submitted by /u/CrystalGoddess78
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3r0G5C6

No comments:

Post a Comment