Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Eating healthier becomes natural

Ok so, like a lot of us here, I used to have a big problem with my eating habits. I was used to processed sweets and fatty cheese. I would buy a block of cheese every week. Eating a fruit seemed like a chore. I would eat pasta many days a week.

After 5 months of a lifestyle change (and -20 lbs later), I eat fruits every morning, as well as a snack. When I try to eat store bought dessert, they taste way too sweet for me and I can't eat them. I have to make them myself so I can add less sugar.

I seared some halloumi as part of my lunch today (amongst roasted chickpeas, greens, sweet potatoes and a tahini dressing) and I felt sick to my stomach. Same goes with mozzarella cheese, which I used to enjoy as a topping on certain foods.

The less you eat fatty foods, junk food, and processed sweets, the less you actually WANT to eat them. Of course, that doesn't mean you don't want to indulge in a certain food here and there, but for the most part, I found out that it does get easier and I don't even have to force myself not to eat them.

I guess I just had a realization today of how the lifestyle change affected my body and my brain, as well as my cravings. No matter where you are now in your weight loss, I promise you, it gets better.

submitted by /u/superiorgarlic
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tc5AlQ

No comments:

Post a Comment