Wednesday, January 27, 2021

How to end a weight loss journey

I'm looking for some advice and this seems a friendly place..

I've been steadily losing weight since May last year - back then I was 120 Kg (I'm pretty tall at 193cm) and had an obese BMI. I set myself a target to get to an ideal weight (93Kg for me at 25 BMI). I did this by counting calories and exercising - MFP was great for me and allowed me to go for a net 1500 calorie target to start with. I achieved my goal in November and decided to go a bit lower (it almost became easy and a habit after a while).

I'm now at nearly my new goal (83 Kg) - consuming around 2000 calories a day, but with at least 500 'earned' by exercise per day. I need to stop losing weight I think (for the first time in my life I can see my ribs..), but obviously don't want to pile 40Kg back on.

So I'm looking for advise on how to do this carefully. I will continue exercising (I run 4 or 5 times a week and cycle 1 or 2 times), but want to move to a maintenance mode for eating. How can I do this sustainably? I'm looking forward to one or two more beers and a little bit more food but, if i'm honest, I'm terrified about putting weight back on.

Any suggestions would be really well received.

submitted by /u/tredmanz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3a525F6

No comments:

Post a Comment