Thursday, January 28, 2021

Unexpected weight loss after ditching the scale and eliminating allergens

For the last year, I've been going scale-free. I wanted to focus on my health (lots of issues there, from fibromyalgia on down the line) not so much on the number staring back at me. Maybe 5 months ago, I started having some issues that led me to going FODMAP-free (I've had issues with food intolerances for years, and other family members have had to do so before me, so it wasn't just on a lark.)

Having to be on an elimination diet really changed my relationship with food.

I am not enjoying the things that I'm able to eat, except for the occasional order of sushi or bowl of berries. I'm not sure if it's the lack of enjoyment or eliminating my allergens, but I'm eating to support my body, not stringing my body from one meal to another. Today was the first time in probably 4 years that I didn't use a motorized wheelchair in the grocery store, and I managed to walk the entire perimeter.

Thanks for coming to my stream of consciousness TedTalk about how there's hope. Have a good one, enjoy some strawberries and tuna, and don't worry so much about the numbers as how you get around the grocery store. <3

submitted by /u/GlootenFreeGlutton
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3r66kah

No comments:

Post a Comment