Thursday, January 28, 2021

Eating for the weight I want to be

Ive been grappling with starting and stopping weight loss attempts and because of this I've been trying to shift my focus from weight loss to just developing healthy habits instead. If I feel restricted it tends to trigger a binge session and defeats my progress.

Right now I'm 5'1" and weigh in around 195, and the TDEE calculator I use said I'd need around 1793 calories to maintain that weight.

I wondered then what my maintenance calories would be at my goal weight (125lbs) and it came in at around 1439.

It got my wondering, is there anything wrong with a strategy that says why not just start eating as if I'm maintaining the weight I want to be at? Does it work to say, if I just make my life around targeting 1400 calories a day permanently, that I will just eventually hit and maintain my goal weight without having a drastic swing from weight loss to maintenance mode?

Calculations say this will take almost 3 years given the small deficit, but I just wonder if anyone has tried this? Does it even make sense?

I guess for me it just makes me feel better knowing I'm changing for long term healthiness rather than a weight loss goal, since the idea of losing weight is somewhat of a trigger for me (struggled with weight my whole life).

Any pros or cons you can see to this strategy?

submitted by /u/maekeenitup
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3prUfLX

No comments:

Post a Comment