Friday, January 29, 2021

I'm at "that place"

I thought I've been at "that place" before, but idk it feels different this time.

26F with bipolar disorder and history of anorexia. I gained 70 lbs since starting medications back in 2014, and fs it wasn't just medications, it was also being really unwell. I'll have really the best intentions for a month or so, not heavily restricting, filling up with protein first (vegetarian), keep vegetables and food prepped so I don't have to make decisions when I'm already hungry.

The most I've ever dropped was 30 lbs, and that was with keto and completely unsustainable. It also triggered a lot of ED tendencies for me, which was pretty scary.

I just need some encouragement, and advice for maintaining weight loss through mental health stuff. Realistically the best I can hope is to maintain my weight during depressive episodes, usually it's where I gain a lot of it all back. It's discouraging to do more healthy weight loss because it feels like nothings shifting. Sorry for the long post.

submitted by /u/peppery-papillon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KYYGPo

No comments:

Post a Comment