Saturday, January 30, 2021

I'm 20lbs away from not being obese anymore. But I'm so tired

Hello

I've been dieting for 2 years now and lost around 50lbs so far. My weight loss was not linear at all and I'm getting tired of this. When I first started, I was very far from being healthy. I would snack all the time, eat bad food, no exercise/movement/activity of any kind and so on. I lost weight by gradually changing this one habit at a time and I'm proud of this.

Right now, I eat two or 3 meals a day maximum. I eat fruit, vegetables and protein daily. I didn't cut carbs but I reduced sugar significantly. I eat food from outside only once or twice a week. I am also exercising! I've been jogging all of this time and recently started C25K. I also went to the gym and lifted weight before the pandemic and right now I'm following a bodyweight routine. I also have been stretching and doing yoga frequently. My fitness stats are cool now!

My problem is recently my weight loss completely stopped. I KNOW I should count calories but I just can't bring myself to do it. I am so disappointed each time I look at the mirror. Like I've been doing great for my health and fitness these past two years .. why am I still fat? I keep telling myself that this worked before because I was too fat, and now that I'm closer to the normal overweight class -not even the normal class- I should start dieting and restricting calories.

I KNOW THIS but counting always causes me to yo-yo diet. Like all the habits before became second nature, but counting never does no matter how long I keep doing this. And every time I stick to it for a while and lose weight then "explode" and eat more that I usually do and gain all that I've lost and the cycle continue. Eating healthy, exercising or the likes never cause me to suffer mentally I just don't understand why counting is this hard for me.

I feel like I'm stuck and I don't know how to move forward with my weight loss. I don't want to try keto or long fasts (I do intermittent fasting most of the weeks by accident thanks to my work pattern) because I know they will work temporary. I thought about reducing portion but I don't even eat that much each meal! like when I counted the calories that I eat under my normal eating habit I found that I eat ~500-800 cal per meal so it's usually between 1500 to 2000 cal a day (I never eat 3 big meals a day, either 3 small ones or 2 big ones). But anyways I tried once eating significantly less per meal and I felt fatigue so I stopped. making my meals a bit smaller had zero effect on my weight so I don't do it. I can't increase exercise either as I already workout 1 hour daily and that's the maximum I can afford with all the other life responsibilities.

I don't even know why I'm writing this .. I just hate counting so much and I need a place to vent. I'm tired of looking like a lazy person when I probably workout and eat better than the majority of people on earth. I hate how my new year resolution looks different each year except for fucking weight loss jesus

tl;dr: was too fat, am now fat, I need to count calories to not become fat but I don't want to please help dieting is killing me

submitted by /u/ranting-accrount
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3pCtDIj

No comments:

Post a Comment