Friday, January 29, 2021

When your family doesn’t support your weight loss goals...

I just wanted to share a non-scale victory today.

So my family decided to order fast food for dinner today and I clearly told them that I didn’t want to eat it. 1. Because it’s unhealthy. 2. Because I simply did not feel like eating that today.

They immediately started to guilt trip me and make fun of me saying that it was “okay to eat fast food once in a while” (Which isn’t completely wrong ), that I “shouldn’t be picky”, and that I was “going to binge again tomorrow anyway” because it’s just who I am to them. The one who ends up giving up in the end.

Usually these comments would’ve made me upset and I probably would’ve given in. However, today something clicked in my mind and I repeated : “I do not want to eat that.”

Instead, I cooked myself a healthy meal with leftover vegetables that no one wanted to eat. I enjoyed the process of making the dish and I enjoyed eating it. I stopped when I felt full and that was the end of the story.

It may not seem like a lot to some of you, but for me it was something huge. I realized that I am stronger than what I thought. And that no one can derail me from my goals. I gained a lot of confidence and I’m determined to prove to everyone that has ever doubted me that I can do it.

I’ve already lost 3 pounds since I started this weeks and it’s just the beginning of my journey.

(Ps: sorry about my English, I’m not a native speaker)

submitted by /u/Disastrous-Manager37
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ozNZ3A

No comments:

Post a Comment