Saturday, January 30, 2021

Don’t let fuck ups get you down. Aim for progress not perfection!

First of all let me say that losing weight is individualised and advice that seems like a truism to some might be complete BS to someone else.

Yesterday I came home from uni and my parents wanted takeaway. I won’t make excuses - I should have declined. However I did not, and then I fell into my usual trap of binge eating chocolate and sweets afterwards. This is behaviour I am working on.

The issue is, today is my fathers birthday, and we will probably get takeaway again today this evening. I’m sat here shortly after waking up feeling bad from last night. Well, if today is already ruined, why not binge all today too before pizza tonight? Since it’s already ruined?

That’s such nonsense. I can choose to eat healthily and sensibly, track EVERYTHING, track what I ate last night too, and then have some unavoidable pizza tonight, but not let it ruin my calories.

Who says I have to eat a whole half of a large pizza or more? I can have a couple slices then put them away for tomorrow or something.

Recognising you are more in control than you think and choosing to make small positive changes and not let a small blip become a multiple day binge will be what helps get me to a place where I can lose, and keep off the weight.

I wish everyone the best with their weight loss journey. It’s very difficult in this obesogenic environment many of us seem to live in. You can do it!

submitted by /u/StriveToLean
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YvnD8d

No comments:

Post a Comment