Monday, January 25, 2021

Losing a lot of weight but getting worn down by the effort.

Hi all. This sub is a big inspiration to me, and I was hoping for some advice. I'm on a long, multi-year, up and down weight loss journey, but overall I'm down almost 40 pounds from my peak weight.

The last couple of months have yielded pretty consistent progress, so I know what I'm doing now is working. The thing is, in order to save money and eat healthier, I've been cooking almost every day. I've actually got quite good at cooking over the years and have a pretty good variety of things I can make. But I feel like I've finally come to a conclusion - I hate cooking. It's just not something that I ever want to spend time on. I dread every part of it, from planning, to shopping, to cooking, and clean up.

But I don't want to revert to my prior habits of just eating out everyday (for the above reasons). I know there are plenty of easy recipes out there, but the thought of having to set aside even 30 minutes a day to spend in the kitchen sounds miserable.

I don't really have a specific question I guess; sorry for basically just rambling/venting, but sometimes that feels necessary!

submitted by /u/Oriek
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2KNIG2F

No comments:

Post a Comment