Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Friend Discourages Me From Losing Weight?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to lose weight for about 8 years now (Im 18 lol), and I’ve known this friend since elementary school. In middle school was when I became aware that I was overweight, and doctors were encouraging me to exercise and eat healthier. I remember telling this friend that I was trying to lose weight, and she proceeds to tell me “Your head would look really big on your body if you were skinny haha that’d be weird..”

It kind of threw me off a bit, I was expecting her to be a bit encouraging or something.

Proceed to high school. Obese, trying to lose weight. Same friend comments “No I don’t want you to lose weight.” It seemed like every time I’d bring up something I was proud of/progress she’d just shut the conversation down immediately.

I don’t really know what to think of this, I have stopped discussing my weight loss journey since it seems to be a sensitive topic, which I don’t quite understand. Thoughts?

submitted by /u/jasminetomlinson123
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YjNY9q

No comments:

Post a Comment