Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Am I doing this right...?

Hey everyone! I’m curious to hear if others experienced an adjustment period when they lowered their calorie intake. I started using My Fitness Pal, which is telling me to eat max. 1,200 calories a day. Although I work a desk job and am sitting/standing most of the day, I do workout 2x per day (btwn 60 - 90 minutes total a day) 5 days a week (a rotation of peloton, Pilates, hiit, strength training, and yoga), and I’m just not sure how I’m supposed to maintain that activity level on 1,200 calories a day. Has anyone with a similar workout level had to deal with this?

I will say since I’ve started tracking my workouts and food I’ve noticed I’m not burning nearly as many calories as I thought I was exercising. So I could have been overeating thinking that I have to make up a ton of calories. But today, for example, I ate my normal diet (green smoothie for breakfast, baked salmon and spinach for lunch, vegan lentil stew for dinner). I did a peloton class, figure skated for 1 hour, and then did yoga, and I’m STILL over my calories by 605! I’m worried that limiting myself to 1,200 is going to negatively affect my endurance levels.

Curious to hear what others experiences have been!

I’m a 5’3” 29 year old woman if that helps for context. No idea what I weigh since I don’t weigh myself (for mental health reasons), but I tend to go by how my body’s looking and feeling. The past two months were a complete nightmare in my personal life and I did a lot of self soothing with comfort food, and it’s caught up with my waistline. I’m not looking for dramatic weight loss or anything because I don’t know if it’d be healthy for me, but basically just looking to loose some recently acquired emotional weight. Thanks everyone!

submitted by /u/is__this_thing_on_
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cecd0N

No comments:

Post a Comment