Monday, January 25, 2021

I was never overweight until Depo. 8 months post my last shot and I STILL can't lose anything!

25F - Never was overweight in my whole life, even with my Effexor (antidepressant)... until I started Depo Provera (birth control injection for those wondering). I started taking Depo February 2018 @ 110 lbs. Next thing I know it's 2 years later and I'm 195 lbs. Tried dieting, exercise, appetite suppressants, whole foods, etc.. Didn't matter. I steadily gained. EDIT: My last shot was Feb 2020 and the medication started coming out of my system by June 2020, and the fast weight gain almost immediately halted around June-July. I've been off Depo for 8 months, and have only gained 3 to 5 lbs in those 8 months off. But the weight just will NOT come off! I don't even diet anymore just because I tried so desperately hard and I just can't shed anything. Obesity is new territory to me, and damn I'm f***ing miserable. What's going on and what are my options? My doctor doesn't understand why the weight won't drop off but my research shows some women having weight loss trouble for a decade post depo! I don't want that to be me! 😭

EDIT:

TLDR; Never was overweight until Depo (birth control). Went from 110 lbs to 200 lbs. 8 months off of Depo and can't shed any weight despite diet, exercise, and appetite suppressants.

submitted by /u/pitabread4ever
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sTn4TL

No comments:

Post a Comment