Monday, January 25, 2021

How does one build a healthy relationship with food?

Hi, I'm a 20F (5ft1 at 61 kg) and I want to lose weight. I've been trying to go on diets for as long as I remember but I am now facing the truth which is that I don't have a good relationship with food.

When I eat something too calorie dense I feel guilty, if I eat too much for a day, I will go and overeat on anything and everything, and make sure to starve the next day. I have recently realized that perhaps I need to fix my relationship with my body and with food before I try to lose weight, because I'm scared that if I go on a weight loss journey now, I will just keep having those underlying feelings of guilt, shame and self-hatred. Surprisingly, I feel like I have a good relationship with exercise. I used to feel as if it were a punishment, but about a year ago I realized what a privilege it is for me to be able to move my body. I'm trying to go through that same change of mindset when it comes to food, but it seems a lot more difficult for me...

Does anyone have any advice? Where does one start in order to heal their relationship with food? What are some steps or ideas? It's so easy to say 'don't feel guilty when you eat' or 'just don't overeat', but it's incredibly difficult to force yourself to think differently, or even to think things you don't believe in! I understand this might be the wrong subreddit, but even if you could direct me to another helpful subreddit I would really appreciate it!

submitted by /u/ireallylovebread
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3ph38Io

No comments:

Post a Comment