Wednesday, February 24, 2021

23 year old heart patient. 250 --> 215 in 4.5 months.

I am a heart patient. 23 years old, 6'2", had open heart surgery when I was 19. This resulted in a really bad decrease and then increase of weight. pre-op I was 200 lbs. Post surgery I lost all ability to eat and hit 165. I looked like a skeleton. All at once, my appetite came back and with a vengeance. I skyrocketed to 250 lbs in less than 10 months. Ever since then, for the next 3 years, I struggled to start losing the weight. I tried being active, eating less, the most I could do was fluctuate between 235 and 250. Last year, I went to the gym, and was losing weight fast. I got to 230 but had to stop going to the gym due to COVID-19 and came back up to 250 yet again. I was convinced I would be at an unhealthy weight forever. Finally back in November, I became determined to get it right this time. I stopped eating 4 meals a day and snacks, and cut my calories down to 1700. I started going outside every day, fishing, hiking, whatever I could do to get active. I've had a hell of a ride. Lots of whooshes, lots of plateaus. Angry crying when I don't make my goal weight, and learning to understand patience and reconfiguring my relationship with food. It took 5 weeks after I started to see any weight loss at ALL.

Well, I'm happy to report that today, when I hit the scale, I saw 214 pounds. I am immensely relieved and proud to get past this barrier I've been facing for the past 3 years. I plan on going to 180 pounds, or 190. I don't care about the way I look (although I do look better, so it's a bonus), but I do care about my health. I just received the second dose of the covid vaccine today. In two weeks, I'm renewing my gym membership and going all the way. Wish me luck, everybody. 180, here I come.

submitted by /u/ShaolinFantastic420
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PaXbj1

No comments:

Post a Comment