Thursday, February 25, 2021

Has anyone had experiences with taking medication for their ED?

To somewhat quickly summarize: I’ve had moderate/severe depression since around 10, and anxiety since 13. Speaking with my long-time therapist, he thinks I should be evaluated for ADHD as well, especially since it’s come to my attention that it runs in my family. Needless to say, on top of all that I also have a BED which I’ve struggled with since high school, where I was up to 230.

Trying to lose weight is a goal of mine that I’ve had for a while and it’s so difficult trying to juggle everything aforementioned, as well as the lovely qualities of being an adult. I shrunk down to 165 in my first year of college but I heavily restricted my caloric intake (around 600-750 calories a day) and did a lot of exercise, so it wasn’t a surprise when I shot back up again the year after. When I binge, it can be in excess of 4,000 cal and just destroys my motivation and self-worth. The next day I strive to be healthy and it works for a few days, and then I inevitably collapse again. It’s tiring and it’s not just binging on unhealthy food, I do it with healthy food as well. I weight-lift a few times a week and do implement some cardio as well, but I get much more enjoyment with weight-lifting and just going on walks with my dog.

It’s my understanding that some medication used for anxiety and ADHD can also be used to help BED. I haven’t done too much research on it, since I’m still in the process of finding a psychiatrist to discuss all this with, but has anyone had prior experiences they could share? I’m not seeking out medication as a way to target my weight loss, but if it is a pertinent side effect I’d just like to hear someone else’s thoughts.

submitted by /u/misologous
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aVKv89

No comments:

Post a Comment