Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Progress using intermittent fasting?! (I surprised myself!)

Hi! I’m barely beginning my weight loss journey, I’ve been at it for three weeks now. Last time I took weight loss seriously, I followed pretty much every rule on this sub and they worked! For hand-wavy reasons, that method wasn’t ideal for me right now, but I realized I’ve never liked breakfast. So I almost by myself fell into an intermittent fasting pattern. I’ve eaten one big meal a day with some very light snacking but without counting calories. No mess, no fuss, and I don’t feel so awfully restricted and panicky.

I have “only” lost 8 pounds, but I’ve also lost 3 inches and even I can see there’s a difference in the pictures! I look fat, naturally, but my stomach no longer looks distended and like I’m pregnant!

I think it works for me because I can reward my brain easily with this method. “Feeling hungry - but in two hours I’ll have a nice hearty lunch, i can wait until then“

Whereas with traditional calorie counting I tend to get stuck in a sort of despair of “I’m never ever going to have anything good to eat again.”

I’m exaggerating a little, but you get the idea. If it’s too rigid my brain starts protesting. All or nothing and then I get stuck on nothing ;)

I don’t know if this method is going to work over time since I’m not counting calories and it would be easy to cheat, but so far, I’ve had ice-cream and chocolate at home for weeks, and I haven’t eaten it!

https://imgur.com/gallery/Wan8WV2

submitted by /u/ThrowawayTardis40
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qUQQWQ

No comments:

Post a Comment