Saturday, February 27, 2021

Topamax and long term metabolism issues

I took 100mg topamax for several years, I had mental slowing, hair loss, and weight loss as the main side effects. I've been off topamax for 3 years now.

From my research I understand the weight tends to all come back, and mine certainly did. However it came back and then some! I'm 20lbs heavier than I've ever been, and two years later I'm still struggling to lose it. Although there have been studies about people coming off topamax and regaining weight, I can't find anything long term.

I eat a balanced diet (I have some education in nutrition) very little junk food, I don't snack or drink my calories, I am lightly active. I am eating at calorie maintenance or in a deficit. My weight doesn't budge, or it goes up a little. It seems like coming off topamax has permanently affected my metabolism. My doctor doesn't want to hear it, and always said that there was no way my hair loss and mental slowing was associated with topamax when these are all established side effects.

So my questions are, has anyone else had persistent weight issues after stopping this drug? Is it plausible that topamax could have had a long lasting impact on my metabolism?

submitted by /u/jiayounuhanzi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3sF3Ctb

No comments:

Post a Comment