Saturday, February 27, 2021

Halfway there!

SW: 221 (no idea if I was ever higher because I was always afraid to weigh myself) CW: 181 GW: 140 27F, 5’4”

I have done that thing that lots of people do when they get divorced...and lost a bunch of weight. I separated from my ex mid July and starting trying to lose weight mid August. I started with Noom and found it very very helpful for the first couple months. The articles were great for reframing my thoughts, understanding, and relationship with food. I no longer use Noom and seldom count calories, instead just keeping a mental tally of about how much I’ve eaten. Some days I know I eat more than I should for losing, but I think I probably rarely go over maintenance. This is worth it to me because I just REALLY hate counting calories.

In December I started using the app None to Run. It uses walk/running intervals with the end goal of being able to run for 25 min straight. I know that exercise itself does not necessarily have any meaningful impact on weight loss but it has been really motivating to me to have the routine of running about 3 times a week and feeling strong and capable. I have never enjoyed exercise and anytime that I tried to just get out and run or something in the past I always ended up feeling nauseous and like I was going to die. This program has been so great because it has been gradual enough that I have to work for it but I have never felt nauseous or like it was unattainable for me to complete the work out. I’m currently up to running in 5 min intervals which is something I know I never could have done before!

This journey helped me to feel in control of something at a time in my life where I had little control. I’m proud of what I’ve accomplished so far and feel motivated to keep going.

Progress pic

submitted by /u/Gustavekittycat
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OaXnxW

No comments:

Post a Comment