Saturday, February 27, 2021

I HIT 200LBS TODAY!!!

Stats:

  • 5'3 trans man / HW 265 / SW 256.8 / CW 200 (!!!) / GW 175
  • Size changes: 44 to 38 pant, XL to M shirt, 4XL to M chest binder (GC2B fwiw), 10ish to 8/8.5 men's shoe

This morning, I stepped on the scale and I hit 200lbs exactly. I know I still have a long way to go, but this is a huge milestone for me! A year ago, I hadn't even started this journey (I began March 11, 2020). My weight was going higher and higher, I was wearing uncomfortably tight clothes because I couldn't find any in my size, I was throwing out old clothes that didn't fit... Worst of all, I felt miserable. I wasn't active at all, save for a walk down to Dunkin Donuts. I still have a solid 30 or so pounds to lose, but that means I'm only 1/3 away from my goal!

Can I share some stuff I've learned?

  1. People might not be happy at first, they may doubt you. When I first started losing weight my parents blamed every ache and sickness on the weight loss, saying I was losing too quickly. Ignore them.
  2. Thrifting new clothes is a good idea. I get almost all my clothes on sale, thrifted, or secondhand because it is wayyyy too expensive to buy new clothes every few months. I honestly still wear my size 44 pants because at this point they're oversized but in a ~trendy~ way.
  3. Please please PLEASE take pictures! It's hard to really see the progress since you see yourself every day and it's less noticeable. Sometimes I'm vain and send the progress pictures to my dietician haha.
  4. Eat what makes YOU feel good. This doesn't mean eat junk food 24/7. Find out what food makes YOUR body keep ticking, find what nourishes you the best. See what fruits and veggies you like and stock up on them! CICO is important, but someone who eats 500 calories of McDonald's is going to feel significantly different than somebody who eats 500 calories of actual food.
  5. Your weight will fluctuate. That's normal - water retention, muscle gains/losses, eating a particularly heavy meal, stress, and SO many other factors play into weight. I used to weigh myself daily and stress over the number, but I don't bother anymore. I weigh myself when I remember and look for the trends. I also look at the NSVs - my clothes fitting different is a big one.
  6. Navigating day-to-day life will be very different for a while. There are times where I'm like "I'm not going to be able to fit in that space/chair/shirt/whatever" and then I do! Those moments are common, but it'll settle down. Not going to lie, I still see myself as that 265-pound kid who was busting out of his jeans. I've worn enough size medium shirts now to trust that a medium will fit.
  7. I've found finding community is SUPER helpful. I don't think my family wants to hear about my weight loss, so I've found online spaces (like this one!) super helpful in keeping me on track, finding tips, and sharing my trials and errors.

I want to thank all of y'all especially. Community support has been a big help throughout this whole thing, and it's really helpful to see what other folks are doing and their progress.

submitted by /u/whitmanpatroclus
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O21FI5

No comments:

Post a Comment