Thursday, February 25, 2021

I found out I'm horrible at "eyeballing" portions

For reference, I'm 5'7 (M), starting weight was 220 lbs. on December 1st and as of today I'm down to 201.

I decided at the beginning of December that I need to lose about 70-80 lbs. and get into shape. I didn't do any exercising outside of my usual walk around the neighborhood a couple times a day (I work from home), but I started meticulously counting calories. I was so happy to see roughly 2 lbs. a week shed regularly through December and January. Decided at the beginning of February that I don't need to log everything every second of every day, because I can just "eyeball" my portions now that I'm "used" to it and still lose weight.

Well, nope. I thought I was doing okay but my weight loss plateaued hard. I didn't gain any weight, but I was stuck at around 203-204 pounds for three weeks with no change. Finally started tracking them again a week ago and realized I had been "filling up the corners" of my diet with high-calorie stuff: a tablespoon of honey on my chicken for lunch when I wasn't doing it before, a handful of grapes every time I open the fridge, all previously unaccounted for. It adds up, and you don't even realize it.

So yeah. For anybody struggling to get your weight loss consistent, TRACK. EVERYTHING. Be meticulous! Get a scale! You don't know how much you're eating just by looking at it! I'm losing weight at a healthy pace purely through diet, and you can too :)

submitted by /u/my-work-acct
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aUPi9W

No comments:

Post a Comment