Sunday, February 28, 2021

Accountability post after regaining weight - 24F 5'1

9 months ago I was so proud of myself. I lost 30lbs and was my lowest weight since I was in high school: Old Weight loss post. Sadly I gained most of that weight back :(

It was my fault. I started to workout less and eat more instead. Being stuck at home instead of taking the time to work on myself more, I would instead eat unhealthy food and watch Netflix. I stopped doing my daily walks, cardio and weights I used to do before. The weight slowly crept up on my and before I even realized I am now 154lbs (70kgs).

Right now when I look in the mirror I don't like what I see. I don't like how both my face and body looks right now. Whereas 9 months ago I loved what I looked like. Every time I caught my reflection I loved what I was seeing. I wore some jeans today after not wearing any for a few weeks and my size 8 jeans are really tight and I know if I keep wearing them, they will rip after a few wears. 9 months ago these same jeans were lose and I was putting them in the dryer trying to shrink them to fit me.

There isn't much I can do by dwelling on the past. So instead, I should focus on what I can do instead. I know what worked for me last time.

Starting now I will start doing the following:

  • Drink 2L of water a day. Right now I barley even drink 1L a day, whereas last year I was drinking about 2.5-3L of water a day. This helped reduce my appetite and reduced any cravings I had for sugary drinks (ie. coke)
  • Do at least 60mins of light cardio a day. I know this can sound a bit intense but this is what helps me. Light cardio can count as elliptical, rowing machine (I have both at home) or going on walks. I'm short and I need the cardio to increase the amount of calories I burn since I suck at eating 1200 calories a day (I usually end up eating 1500-2000 calories)
  • Do weight training sessions. Currently my city is in lockdown so I can use the weights I have at home and follow workouts available on the SWEAT app. I really enjoyed doing this I just got lazy and stopped
  • DIET! My diet is the most important thing and I suck at eating on a caloric deficit. My plan is to eat a normal diet that the rest of my family is eating. But instead I will eat less. I will focus on eating more veggies and protein, and eat less carbs.
    • I will also follow intermetinite fasting. Not really anything new since I've been doing this for the past few years. I just never did it strictly.

My starting stats are as follows:

Weight: 154lbs - 70kg

Waist: 77cm

Hips: 105cm

My ultimate goal is to get down to 120lbs hopefully by July. This might be a bit unrealistic because that means I will be losing 2lbs a week. But I will adjust the goal date based on my progress.

This is my currently plan:

Starting: 154lbs - March 1

Milestone 1: 150lbs - March 15

Milestone 2: 145lbs - April 1

Milestone 3: 140lbs - April 15

Milestone 4: 135lbs - May 1

Milestone 5: 130lbs - May 15

Milestone 6: 125lbs - June 1

GOAL: 120lbs - July 1

I'll make an update post on April 1st :)

Good luck to everyone!

submitted by /u/heyitsmeme105
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uBWnUF

No comments:

Post a Comment