Thursday, February 25, 2021

Lost 35kg (75lbs) in 10 months and maintained now for 7 months - M38 from 244 lbs to 160 lbs

This reddit has been such an inspiration over my weight loss journey. Thanks SO much to everyone for sharing all of their amazing stories (most far more amazing than mine!). I learned so much from here - and many things like the paper towel analogy really helped me.

It has taken me some time to write as I wanted to do the whole process justice and so many things happened along the way but I just posted my article Losing 35kg in Ten Months: How I Did It, What I Learned and How I Feel on LinkedIn.

It is quite comprehensive, and includes some before and after photos, but below is a real TL;DR and a summary.

TL;DR: Start slow. Take small steps. Be honest with yourself. Change your mindset towards exercise. Focus on the moment. Have fun losing weight. Be proud.

Here's the summary: I was obese for over a decade at 244 lbs at my heaviest and lost 75 lbs in ten months to get to 160 lbs. I started by walking and doing short exercises. I began monitoring everything and set achievable goals. I changed my mindset towards exercise to enjoyment and realised the only way to lose weight was via calorific deficit through diet and exercise. Running, HIIT and weight training maximised calorie burn and I stuck to an hour a day, mixing up my daily routine to keep things fun. Tech played a major goal in facilitating my weight loss. Hitting my weight goal fills me with pride. Interesting things happened, like discovering my bones and I've learned to never underestimate myself and to believe in the process. I feel pride, excitement, worry and comfort about who I am and what I've achieved.

submitted by /u/rylanholey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3bKTRTs

No comments:

Post a Comment