Sunday, February 28, 2021

Looking for encouragement to get through this plateau

Hi, can anyone share their own story about pushing through long/difficult plateaus? Needing some motivation/encouragement to keep going.

I have tried to lose weight before, but never stuck to it and always ended up gaining back more than I started with after a couple months.

Early January, I (23F, 5'4") was at my highest weight ever (172 lbs) when I got engaged. I have wanted to lose weight for quite some time but did not have the right motivator. Now, I am getting married in about 10-11 months and would like to make it from my CW (160) to my GW (135) by then. I do feel that goal is achieveable.

Well, long story short, in the first 6 weeks of my calorie deficit/5x weekly workout regimen, I lost 12 lbs. I felt shocked that I was able to lose so much weight in such a short time but I knew some of it was due to bloating/hormonal changes. However, for the past 2-3 weeks I have noticed that I am no longer making progress. I am strictly controlling my calorie intake to under 1400 calories per day (tracking with MFP), less when I am not doing much cardio on a given day. I am doing a lot of the same things that have been working for a month and a half, ramping up the intensity of my exercises, and the scale hasn't budged and neither have my measurements.

I know the answer is to just be patient and keep it up. However, it would be amazing to hear some weight loss stories to stay motivated. I love to hear other peoples' success stories because it makes me feel like it's possible for me, too.

submitted by /u/cleo-leo
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2O6ORjG

No comments:

Post a Comment