Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Is it better to eat less or workout more?

I have been in a strict calorie deficit for a few months now and I've lost about 10 pounds (139 down to 129). I use MyFitnessPal to track my calories. My goal is to eat 1,200 calories a day, but on most days I eat over 1,200 calories and workout to compensate for the excess calories. For example, if I eat 1,600 calories I will do 40 minutes of cardio to burn around 400 calories (I generally use an elliptical machine which happens to count burned calories according to your weight). I do this for two reasons: I don't want the 1,200 calorie diet to slow my metabolism and, just as a personal preference, I would rather eat more and exercise more than have to eat less. I am willing to do 40 minutes of cardio as well as body weight/weighted exercises if it means I get to eat more. Is this as effective for weight loss as eating 1,2000 calories a day, or does exercising to maintain a deficit work just as well?

submitted by /u/No_Alarm8946
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/37Ftv3O

No comments:

Post a Comment