Friday, February 26, 2021

How do I know if my weight loss is a permanent or temporary thing

I haven't been actively exercising for the past seven years so I gained a lot of weight. I'm 20 this year, about 164 cm (5 feet 4 inches) and 63kg (139 pounds). About four months ago, I decided to start losing weight so I started brisk walking 6 days a week, an hour a day which was about 4.5 to 5.5km a day (2.8 to 3.4 miles). I also started eating much lesser by tracking my calories using an app so I eat about 1000 to 1300 calories a day. It's been exactly four months now and my weight is 58kg (128 pounds). I've been steadily losing 1kg (2.2 pounds) every month but in the recent 2 months I've started losing a little more than 1kg a month. Im really happy that I'm losing weight but I feel like there's no change in my size. I'm afraid that this weight loss is only a temporary thing like I've heard of water weight? I'd hate to reach my desired weight of 53kg (117 pounds) only to gain it all back in a month.

A couple years ago, I grew afraid to eat in public because I knew I was fat and I hated the way people looked at me because I ate. So I stopped eating in public which meant I stopped eating in school and I was in school for most of the day. So I ended up eating about one and a half meals a day which was dinner and some small snacks after school. This period lasted for a little over a year and I lost 7kg (15 pounds). I slowly worked towards recovering and I managed to kind of get over my fear and I immediately gained all the weight I lost and more in a couple of months.

I know both situations are different, but knowing that this has happened before really scares me. I'm afraid that all the hard work I've put into losing weight will go to waste. I'd really appreciate some advice or insight on my weight loss.

EDIT: Im a female.

submitted by /u/orangelilduck
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2NN0TyN

No comments:

Post a Comment