Thursday, February 25, 2021

Sometimes “HOLD THE LINE!” is good enough

I don’t have a super “success story secrets” post to share. I’m struggling to lose this weight, just like many of you. It’s not easy. I started after Christmas getting serious, doing awesome for all of January. Strict tracking, exercising 5 days a week, limiting calories to 1200. Down 10 lbs of the 25 I want to lose. Yay! The same 10 lbs I’ve gained and lost two or three times over the last 2 years. Not so yay! But it’s a good start.

Then came the Super Bowl. And Valentine’s Day. And potato chips and chocolate became part of my life again. And I could feel myself giving up ... less exercise walks ... one or two late-night binges ... “mmm I haven’t had ice cream in soooo long” ... the scale is creeping up again a few pounds ... I feel completely un-motivated to track ... “oh gosh this is really happening I’m really going to give up again” ...

And then I realized it. My weight loss doesn’t have to be either “ON” or “OFF”. I can just put it on “PAUSE”. I’ve done this for past week ... still tracking, but allowing myself to eat at maintenance-ish ... eating plenty of chips and chocolate still at night, but now saving some of my earlier calories for those late night snacks. Giving myself some slack and some love. Still not really exercising (but I did get out there yesterday and walk!). Because honestly I want to give up on it all, so “no exercise and eating at maintenance” feels like the best I can do for another week or two (or more).

So my motto right now is “HOLD THE LINE”. Keep that weight steady. Relaxed but controlled eating. And that’s it. That’s all I can do. And that’s good enough until I’m ready to do more.

submitted by /u/gozunker
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qQAdeS

No comments:

Post a Comment