Sunday, February 28, 2021

Exercise water retention

Okay, I have a question. So exercise can cause water retention for up to six weeks, and any increase in the intensity of exercise can also cause that. So after those six weeks, does weight loss start again at the same slow pace, and those weeks are just lost, weight wise? Orrrr should I expect a whoosh of the amount of pounds I should have been losing all that time, then start to lose normally again?

I plan to continue working out, I'm still counting my calories etc, I'm just curious as to the science of it all. I know this is a lifetime change, that a few weeks don't matter in the long run etc. But I'd like to know just so I'm not super disappointed if the whoosh doesn't come. For reference, I started working out again beginning of Feb, and have been steadily going to the gym 3-4 times a week since then. My very regular loss has stopped totally, and I have been up 2-10lbs from that low everyday. After calculating my calories consumed this month and what my tdee is at sedentary, I should have lost around 4lbs for February. Should I expect to lose those four and then start losing semi regularly (periods ugh) again, or should I just forget them and expect to start losing again semi regularly as if this month didn't happen calorie wise?

submitted by /u/aridyin
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aYQ31v

No comments:

Post a Comment