Tuesday, February 23, 2021

NSV: Didn’t panic when the number jumped

I started my weight loss journey using CICO in April of 2020 and I’ve since lost about 45 pounds. Recently I’ve been focusing more on long-term sustainability and changing my body composition before I go into maintenance (lost the first 35 with little exercise averaging 1100-1200 cals a day, not exactly the best approach for me in hindsight), so I have been slowly increasing my calories and starting doing strength-oriented yoga and bodyweight exercises. Today, I weighed in at a whole five pounds heavier than a week ago. At first I felt like snapping my scale in half, but then I reminded myself of a few things:

1) I have been eating more and JUST started trying to build some muscle, so water retention is likely the culprit. 2) My goal is a healthy, happy body that I can maintain sustainably. The scale number for that body may not end up being what I’ve decided is “ideal,” and that’s okay. 3) At no point in the past week did I eat enough calories over my maintenance to gain five pounds of fat.

Basically, I’m proud of myself for talking myself down to a healthier mindset and keeping a compassionate attitude towards my body and all the ways it changes day by day. Taking it slow, steady, and sustainable!

submitted by /u/swampcl0wn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dHpShO

No comments:

Post a Comment