Friday, February 26, 2021

Feel increasingly crap, 1.5 weeks, scales ain't moving.

30F 5'6" and weigh exactly 13 stone, goal weight 11st. Breakfast: 1 medium poached egg, 1 slice toast with butter, tea, whole milk Lunch: half a handful pieces of meat and/or cheese scattered on top of a salad, sprinkling of balsamic vinegar. Dinner: stir fried veg, half nest of egg noodles, handful pieces meat/fish, half tsp soy sauce, half tsp hoisin sauce quarter tsp sesame oil, quarter tsp sunflower oil Snacks: 1 cup apple, celery and cashew salad with quarter tsp mayo and half tsp Apple Cider vinegar, 1 piece fruit (a nectarine or an apple, etc.), more tea with whole milk. Exercise: 30 mins Irish dancing, 30 mins dumbbell workout. 6 days out of 7. Rest day still involves a moderately brisk walk.

I strictly ate pretty much exactly like this all week last week. I weighed most of my ingredients and used volume measures for a few items, eg. oils and vinegars, counted calories and consistently came in at 1500 calories or less, before counting exercise.

My physique and posture is better due to the workouts, and I understand that those won't contribute much to weight loss, but I'm increasingly tired and grumpy. I'm hungry at night and either can't sleep until I eat another big helping of that salad first, or I wake up sweating and desperate to eat. This week I ended up just including that extra helping as a normal part of my intake, so that I could get some damn sleep.

I've only progressed my workout to 3kg dumbbells, so I doubt I'm gaining huge amounts of muscle yet. The tiredness has lead me to stop short of doing today's workout, should've been day 5. I struggled with yesterday's. Still did today's dance though, but now I just want to crawl back into bed.

I take supplements for vitamin D + minerals (I'm deficient without), and B12.

Am I deficient in something else? I'm not one to give up easily in a challenge but I'm absolutely hating this tired queasy miserable feeling. It feels like a punishment for eating carefully and exercising. I did have a borderline underactive thyroid once before but it wasn't severe enough to warrant treatment, is it possible that that's kicking off again and the sedentary overeating lifestyle was masking it?

Or am I supposed to just feel this sickly for some long period of time until the weight eventually begins to reduce?

submitted by /u/notrapunzel
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2MruUDI

No comments:

Post a Comment