Friday, February 26, 2021

Maintenance after 22kg loss... reminder to celebrate your victories

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting, but I had to share with someone. >.< As the most supportive community I know, r/loseit was the first place to come to mind.

As for background, long story short I’m 23, 173cm (5’8”) and lost 25kg (around 50lbs) around a year ago, and have gotten into fitness, gaining about 2~3kg to maintenance at around 55kg give or take (I know it’s barely healthy BMI, but I’m very small framed and had little to no muscle starting).

Today I went on a 30min run, and came back sweating. I had taken off my safety jacket (it’s for hiding, not warmth lol) 15mins in and was terrified of looking in the mirror at home for fear of seeing fat gathering around my high support sports bra, so I just kind of hugged myself like wrapping my arms around my rib cage to self-comfort and when my fingers touched my back, there was BONE. Like, my shoulder bones. I was like ??? and went to look in the mirror and the fat that I was used to having my whole life that made me embarrassed to wear only a sports bra and leggings in public? It wasn’t there. It’s not there. What?? The person in the mirror is slim and athletic, with.. abs??? I don’t know guys, I’ve been maintaining for so long, just focusing on improving athletic ability and I guess I never stopped to congratulate myself or feel any sense of achievement for anything, include weight loss or maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regimen. It was always next goal, next thing to improve, get better and better and better. It’s never ‘enough’ because there’s no end to a healthy lifestyle, it’s just life. I don’t live in a family setting that values compliments so without outside recognition, I realized I never gave it to myself either.

Anyway, I’m crying. Stop and celebrate your victories, everyone.

submitted by /u/v1llainess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3qT4byV

No comments:

Post a Comment