Sunday, February 28, 2021

Struggling to break weight loss plateau

This is my first time posting in here so I'm sorry if this is like, a redundant sort of post. I'm curious what sort of direct insight I can get from you guys. I've been stuck at this plateau for about 6 months, after a couple years of steadily losing a lot of weight. I still have 20 pounds of excess fat to lose. I've done keto, I was in a fairly strict 1200 (sometimes even lower) calorie deficit for a couple months; since then I've never gone over 1800 calories, although my intake is still on average about 1200 a day, not keto but still high protein/low carb; I have also been doing intermittent fasting (usually 18:6) for over a month. My body composition is quite good despite the 20 pounds, I'm very healthy, I'm very active--I just want the rest of this fat gone, and the best I've done is 3 pounds lost in 3 months, and now the scale isn't budging. I know people doing the same things as me who lose that in a week.

I'm really not sure what else to do--I feel so discouraged and tired, especially when I go onto other threads like IF and keto and see all the progress other people are making. I plan on continuing with IF for as long as I can, as I've adapted to it well and I have a lot more energy since starting it, but I'm at a loss as to how I can move forward with getting rid of these last 20 pounds. I'm hoping someone else can relate to the struggle. Even if no one has any tips, I'd love to feel less alone in this!

submitted by /u/MadeInAmerican
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3r7MWds

No comments:

Post a Comment