Friday, February 26, 2021

Plateau talk: how did you overcome it?

Hey all, so here are my stats: F23, 173cm tall, SW 100kg (220lbs), CW 70kg (154lbs), GW1 70kg (reached) - GW2 60kg (132lbs). I started around the end of Oct 2020 and reached my goal weight 1 in February. (I have 2 goal weights because I thought it was impossible... haha).

So yeah, I've had plateaus along the way. Around 3 times: once when I was at 92kg (202lbs), the next time was at 84kg (185lbs) and the last one at 73kg (160lbs). As you can see I've reached my first goal weight, but I'm still aiming to lose more, and here we are again: my weight is stalled at 70kg (154lbs). It's so frustrating to see the number on the scale not bulging, so I'm here to share what I did to overcome my past plateaus, and also asking for suggestions of what I should do to pass through this one.

  1. I didn't reduce the amount I ate, but I burned more calories. I walked 6-8km a day consistently, try to up my activity level and after about 1 week the number started dropping again.

  2. I didn't reduce the amount I ate, in fact I even ate a little more than my planned routine. So I've read that when you've been on a low calorie diet for so long, your body enters a state of "fasting mode" and your metabolism actually slows down -> food getting digested more slowly, and weight loss stalls. The solution a lot of people suggested was to eat at maintenance a few days and then go back to your diet again, and I tried it. Luckily it worked for me when I encountered my third plateau.

So, that's what I did. It usually takes roughly 7-10 days to show results, but fortunately those two methods have worked for me. I don't know if it was just my luck, or I actually did things right. Anyway if your weight loss is slowing down and doesn't show progress anymore, you can try those two things I listed. Keep in mind not to reduce your caloric intake too much, as your body will literally go into low battery mode and it might lead to very negative consequences. For me when I tried to consume less (way less than I'm, or any human is, supposed to eat), I faced low energy level at first, and then low blood sugar, high risks of iron deficiency and basically fainting/collapsing because there's no energy to keep my body functioning.

Okay enough about me. Fellow (weight) losers, what are your tactics to overcome plateaus? Please share!

submitted by /u/Tired_Broccoli
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3uALX7E

No comments:

Post a Comment