Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Almost 100lb down and at my goal!

Well, I’m 1 pound away from my original goal/milestone.

I’m mid 20’s male 5’11” Currently at 201lb down from 297lb. 97lb lost.

A little over 7 months of progress. Since august 19th of 2020. It was delayed from my original projected end date of mid-February. But I can easily live with missing that mark. Close enough and I have no complaints!

As someone who was never successful with weight loss until now, I still find it hard to believe I lost that much. I’ve never lost more than like 10lb of water weight. I doesn’t really feel like I’ve lost almost 100lb, but I definitely see the difference and am finding the benefits. Normal sized clothes, not scared of chairs, car seats feel much better, etc. lol

I have more energy, my blood pressure is way better, not that I was too concerned at the time (pics attached), i’m finally just overweight on the BMI scale (42 down to 27).

I went from 48+ pants (at least) down to 36 or 38’s. I went down 12 notches of belts, and that’s when I started losing weight and needed a belt. All 7 holes on the first and 5 holes down on the current.

Something that’s specifically important to me... I feel much better socially. Always sitting in corners of restaurants, not wanting to go out, just general anxiety and depression...something I’ve always struggled with is more minimized now. I feel more confident overall. I mean, i’m still fat, but hey, I’ve made progress and I feel great about it.

I think my new goal will be 180lb. I’m going to continue down to that and see how I feel. At which point, I’ll begin eating ~maintenance , more protein, and working out. I, fortunately, know someone who is excellent at proper body building to help me when the time comes. I know it’ll take longer overall, but losing weight then working out/building muscle is best for me.

I’m going to give my opinion on what helped me finally lose weight after thinking it was just impossible. I tried. I tried and failed spectacularly. I’ve been overweight for a long time. Before high school. And steadily increasing. It just seemed out of reach. But CICO really put me in the right mindset. The laws of thermodynamics are not things that just takes a hiatus when you try to lose weight. Looking at things from an analytical and science based way really clicks with me. It literally is as simple as calories in calories out. The scale always tripped me up with the day to day fluctuations. It was hard at first. You really have to push through it and believe you are losing weight. Something that helped me was Happy Scale (iPhone app. Not sure if it’s for android). It took my weight from day to day and told me what it should be. And it’s been pretty accurate in the long run. It helps in that aspect of things.

I did minimal exercise. Mostly just walking. There for a while in January, I walked a ton. Probably an average of 6 miles a day maybe. It definitely sped up the weight loss, but not needed.

I ate mostly normal. I.e. mostly what I use to. I didn’t change what I ate so much as how much. The worst days I’ve had calorie wise were still a 500 calorie deficit. I’ve maintained a deficit every single day. Eating anywhere from 1,400 to 1,500 Cal/day on average and burning anywhere from 3,200 at the start to about 2,600 TDEE now). I’d say it’s been difficult, but that would only be for the start of my journey. The first few weeks were rough. But I got use to it. It just makes sense to me now. I had that click moment this time around.

Thanks for listening to my ramble. Off to the 180’s I go.

Before and after pics (280lb vs now)

Blood pressure difference

submitted by /u/JD32397
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PaPtWx

No comments:

Post a Comment