Monday, March 29, 2021

First ever "Binge eat" today, dealing with it.

Alright so a bit of background, I am 6 foot 3. I am currently at my target weight after about 6 months work and decided I was going to have a "cheat meal". Now I know some people are against these, but as I have reached my goals I thought i'd treat myself.

Anyway what started as a cheat meal, a 2500 calorie pizza, turned into me eating 3300 calories in total, which is 1700 cals over what I was eating a day to lose weight, or about 500 over my maintenance. Now, I believe it takes 3500 excess calories to gain a pound of fat (Don't quote me on that) and I know eating bad for one day a week compared to rest isn't going to make me overweight over night, just like eating a salad won't make you thin overnight. However I can't get rid of the feeling of guilt. Usually i'd combat this by going to the gym and smashing out some cardio, but they're all closed at the moment.

So how am I going to deal with this? Well I am going to go for a run now, it's later on and I can burn some of the excess calories off with that. I also know some of the weight I will gain will be water weight as I have consumed a lot of sodium. The next thing I will do is work it into my week, I am going to fast tomorrow, so that I can make up about 1500 of the calories, then for the next couple of days after that I am going to eat around 1000 cals. Now I am not sure how unhealthy this is as I have consumed enough today I feel like to keep me going. Then on Friday I can go back to eating pretty normally at my maintenance. Anyway, I would like to hear any suggestions about this, and whether how any of you've ever dealt with a cheat eating day gone wrong. Thanks

Edit: I actually ate 3700 cals today, which is a 2200 over my weight loss eating, or 1000 over my maintenance

submitted by /u/FoodIsAlrightlmao
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2P9W43y

No comments:

Post a Comment