Wednesday, March 31, 2021

"Compliments" from family

I've lost 108lb in the last two years. I spent the day with my Mum yesterday and she's thrilled I've lost so much weight. She gleefully said the same thing to me four times throughout the day.

"You almost look normal now!"

Almost normal. I almost look normal now. I can't get it out of my head.

People really reveal their true thoughts sometimes, don't they? Now I know my own mother has been judging me all this time. She thought her own daughter was an abnormal freak because she was carrying some extra weight.

I'm sure she thought she was saying something nice but I feel terrible.

I saw my Grandma today and she too had something to say.

"It's going to start really showing soon."

I've lost a third of my body weight. Dropped 7 dress sizes. Old friends don't recognise me in the street. But to Nanna it barely shows.

How is it so easy for family to drag us down? Today has been the hardest of my entire weight loss journey. It took all my strength not to go crazy at the supermarket and buy everything in sight. Now I'm spending a miserable evening at home buried in work. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow but I just needed to vent tonight.

submitted by /u/IlexAquafolium
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cBspsD

No comments:

Post a Comment