Saturday, March 27, 2021

My day one, once again

In 2016 for the first time in my life, I committed to a weight loss journey and saw real progress. I lost 28lbs and was delighted (but didn’t really feel like my body changed, I regret that now looking at photos from then). I started running, I started swimming, I completed a triathlon, I threw out all my larger clothes and bought a smaller wardrobe, confident I would achieve my goals.

In 2017, I had a tough year with a job that affected my mental health really badly. I gained it all back and an extra 14lbs to boot which I lost 3-5lbs of every few weeks and gained back repeatedly. I wouldn’t buy new clothes, I felt tired and fat all the time.

In 2020, I decided enough was enough. I committed to a Dietbet, I lost 22lbs through diet and cycling, and felt I was finally on my way, achieving this despite a pandemic. I then had multiple family deaths and a full mental breakdown. Anti-depressants, therapy, focusing on my mental health not just my physical.

Now we’re here. I’ve gained back 8 of those 22lbs through careless eating, much less exercise and trying to launch a business which feels like it’s taking up all of my spare time, as I’m also still working full-time until early April. I can feel unless I do something it’s a slow ride to gaining it all back.

I’ve taken back control of my mental health (or I’m trying), I’ve kicked the draining job to the curb to pursue independence with my own business. Now I want to make a life change that I’ve dreamed of since I was a slightly chubby kid.

This is my day one and I’m determined to make it my last. I’m so happy to be here with you all on this journey.

submitted by /u/Mieowz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3srqX1y

No comments:

Post a Comment