Thursday, March 25, 2021

The easiest/hardest 17 lb I've ever lost, now I'm figuring out how to keep this going. (F30)

Background: This past weekend, I was in the hospital with acute renal failure. I very nearly died, every doctor who treated me is baffled by my recovery and the fact that I was well enough to be discharged just a few days later. I'm a walking miracle, it's overrated and exhausting and I don't recommend being in a position to become one.

Curious, I weighed myself when I got home. I'd lost about 17 lb/7 kg in 5 days, because I was on a liquid diet and then a controlled renal diet. I still don't have much of an appetite, and they discovered other health issues with my stomach and esophagus that restrict what I can eat. I imagine that this will cause some weight loss, but it's definitely still possible to eat too many calories, indulge in too much of something I can actually have, etc.

I'm focused on my health first and foremost, but my weight is involved in that bigger picture. I've lost and gained so much weight in the last couple years (in my life, really). My fear is that at the end of this when my kidneys, stomach, and esophagus are recovered that any weight I've lost will come back.

I don't expect or want any medical advice, because I've got a team of doctors for that. Although, if anyone has been on a renal diet and/or an esophagitis diet and has any favorite recipes or tips, I'd love that. I'm a vegetarian but can replace anything with tofu, mushrooms, etc. I think I'm mostly just reflecting and kind of putting some of my fears out there to see if anyone has any advice for how to deal with them if they've been in a similar position. I don't feel like I should celebrate this loss as a win, because it wasn't under my control and also I almost died. So that's not a great way to go about it.

Tl;dr: almost died, lost weight in the hospital, want to keep losing weight after recovery, what do?

submitted by /u/Lady-Leporidae
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cpcLAO

No comments:

Post a Comment