Saturday, March 27, 2021

My scale had a glitch

So I have been doing very well at my weight loss, but for nearly a month now, the loss has been quite slow and even a bit of a plateau that I just couldn't seem to break, and it was starting to get discouraging. I know that weight loss slows, but I went from losing over 10 lbs within a month, to barely losing 3 lbs over several weeks, even though my calories have remained the same and my exercise has ramped up. I had been using a scale at my brother's house while on a trip, and when I came back I had bought a brand new scale. I had fluctuated about 4 lbs up (even the scale at my doctor's office a few days later agreed) but after travel and likely my time of the month, I figured that was normal, but it took so long to get down to what I was before I came back home.

I stayed the course, because I was looking good still, and I even bought a size down in some new clothes, but the scale was letting me down. I was trying to chalk it up to muscle gain offsetting my loss, but I wasn't convinced. It took me nearly 3 weeks to go from loosing 13 lbs to finally have lost 15.

This morning, I got on my scale, and of course the change was very little, but I hadn't gained so there was that! I stepped out of the bathroom and my husband asked "did you just weigh yourself?" I said I had, and then he asked "does it say you weigh less the second time you step on it, too?"

What? The second time? I only ever step on once!

So we went back, I put the scale back down, stood on it (waited til it was at zero, of course), same weight. Stepped off, repeat, FOUR POUNDS DOWN! Bringing my total weight loss to 20 lbs! I'm now 5 lbs away from my goal!! I stepped on and off several times, and the weight remained. I even tested it several times with one of my dumbbells because I didn't believe it, and it was accurate!

Turns out, because I store my scale away (not a ton of floor space in the bathroom) and upright, when I lay it flat, it seems that it needs a chance to recalibrate itself (or at least this is what we figure has been happening). I have been bummed out for weeks and discouraged, but as it turns out I have actually been losing and my scale was wrong. I feel like I should buy a lottery ticket because when someone's scale is off, you typically see it go the opposite way, so I think I'm pretty damn lucky right now 😊

submitted by /u/grove-of-trees
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3tXT1tO

No comments:

Post a Comment