Saturday, March 27, 2021

Early in the journey worries

I’ve only been on my weight loss journey properly for almost two weeks now. My starting weight is 107kg/236lbs and goal is around 60kg/135lbs, and I’m just about 5ft 4. I’ve always been bigger and the weight just crept up on me. My biggest issue before was takeaways/portion sizes/sugary drinks. I’ve cut out takeaways completely, and am doing all home cooked meals with calorie counting, and so far have lost almost 4kg, and had been feeling really motivated.

In terms of exercise I struggle with self confidence to exercise in public, and always worry I’m not doing it properly at home. I really would love to be able to run, but I’m very large chested which causes significant back pain (I know my weight in general adds to this) which is part of what is holding me back. I went for a long walk one day and became so uncomfortable because people just stared at my chest, I can’t imagine running!

I’m really worried as I start a new job in a week, where at times I will be working runs of up to 7 days of 13 hour shifts, not including the 40min commute each way. I’m so scared of falling off track with my meals, and I just can’t see a way to get into a consistent exercise routine with working shifts. I know I can do more on the days off/shorter shifts, but I’m worried I’ll just hit a complete weight plateau even if I’m managing my diet if I can’t exercise. The other thing is fatigue from working means I struggle to do much on off days.

I guess I just feel my motivation starting to ebb away, like the weight I’ve lost so far isn’t real and so insignificant, and I won’t get anywhere unless I learn how to fit significant exercise in each day.

submitted by /u/iffyeffu
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/39iDYmM

No comments:

Post a Comment