Monday, March 29, 2021

Hitting a plateau - what habits are actually effective for weight loss?

Hi everyone! I have been eating at about a 300-500 calorie deficit since January 3rd. It's been working well until the past two and half weeks, where I've been gaining and losing the same three pounds over and over.

I have recalculated my calories to adjust for my 15 lb loss so far, and I am being more diligent about weighing everything and tracking everything. I know it might take some time to see results from this, but I'm still curious about things like sodium intake and water intake. Do they really make a big difference? Although I am meticulous about calorie tracking, could sodium and water intake be skewing my weigh ins?

I just want to reiterate that I know calories are what most directly impacts weight. I'm curious more about water weight and retention. Thanks :)

Edit: just wanted to add I have also just started strength training, so maybe that plays a part in this?

submitted by /u/celestialgodess
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cv3IOv

No comments:

Post a Comment