Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Fasting 1 day a week to speed up weight loss (3kg away from my goal)? Are there any other benefits to fasting?

So I’m down to my last 3kg I need to lose before hitting my GW of 60kg (31F, 173cm, SW 66kg). Since January I lost 3kg nice and slow by setting my calorie deficit at -250 and keep exercising. So it’s a 1kg loss per month.

Now I’d like to speed things up and be ‘done’ in about 1.5 months, so losing a couple of kg a month instead of one. If I adjust the deficit on MyFitnessPal I get a caloric allowance so ridiculously low I’m not really willing to go down that route and be miserable for a month and a half.

So I thought fasting one day a week could be a solution to be in deficit of those 1500 (my TDEE) which would have me lose 0.5kg a week. The other days I would eat and exercise as I normally do and be at around a -250 deficit. I normally eat 2000-2200 cal a day and exercise daily.

I’ve never fasted before but recently I had to undergo surgery and had to fast for 8h previously which ended up being 24h as I wasn’t really well to have dinner in the hospital. I know it would be different if I do it on a normal day, but it wasn’t so terrible as I expected. I was hungry at lunchtime and then it kind of went away on its own.

I would only have to do this for maximum a couple of months but then if I like it it might be a good tool to keep myself in check when I’m maintaining, like having those extra 1500 cal as a cushion.

What do you think? Besides caloric deficit are there any other benefits to fasting? Is this an insane idea? šŸ˜…

submitted by /u/Original_Ferret675
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2PlYiwF

No comments:

Post a Comment