Friday, March 26, 2021

F 27 5'1 140lbs Trying to build up stamina after recovering from long term illness and opiate addiction and feel like I've been hit by a bus from just walking the dog.

The illness I am recovering from is endometriosis which is now controlled by a coil I do however still suffer chronic pcos which my doctor wants me to treat via weight loss.

I've gone from laying in bed or sitting on the sofa all day in pain and exhaustion to getting up at 7 with my partner to help with the kids.

And as part of this we have started gently walking 2 to 3 miles a day with the dog.

It's been about 4 days of this and my upper back and shoulders are so sore it's unbelievable.

I bought myself an exercise bike I now can't even climb on to :(

I'm taking ibuprofen and paracetamol regularly but it's not helping. I've been stuck in this sick body for 9 years I just want to break free and be with my kids in the sunshine again.

I'm not tempted to take codiene pills as I am attending online meetings and have a good support system, but I'm so desperate to be able to run again to jump on my exercise bike and have an actual workout.

While ill my weight slowly crept up to 151lbs it's currently 140lbs via calorie counting, but I'm only 5'1 and I really needed the added exercise as 1200 calories is maintenance for me, so I prefer to eat 1200 and exercise at a decent pace every day.

I just wondered if anyone had any advice on how I can push through the muscles aching and exhaustion.

Pre coronavirus I would have gone swimming but I can't do that, I'm just really scared that I'll never get my stamina back, any and all advice on diet or building stamina are hugely appreciated.

I just realised my upper back soreness is because for the first time in over a year I pushed my son on the swings for about 20 mins yesterday, how on earth is that a thing :(

submitted by /u/woah-there-satan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3cpzw7o

No comments:

Post a Comment